Lock in BIG ski season discounts now and enjoy western luxury at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort! This special package includes it all – 20% savings on your room, $30 daily breakfast credit at Spur […]
The 2014 NCAA Basketball National Championship Tournament is underway, and office productivity has dwindled considerably across the country as a result of March Madness. Tourney time is a favorite annual institution with sports fans because of the busted brackets, buzzer beaters, upsets, and Cinderella stories. The action is nonstop during the tournament, and if you’re in Jackson Hole mixing a ski weekend with March Madness, it’s important to find the perfect place to saddle up for the action. Spur is the best spot to watch March Madness in Jackson Hole. Need proof? Here are 5 reasons why you have to watch the NCAA Basketball Tournament at Spur…
1. TVs: Everyone has their alma mater they’re rooting for, the upset they picked in the office bracket that they want to watch, or there’s the inevitable thriller in the waning minutes of a game. With so much to watch during March Madness, you have to pick a spot with multiple televisions for an optimal viewing experience. Spur has six total flat-screen TVs, with four in the bar and 2 more in the anex. You’re not going to miss any of the action at Spur!
2. Appetizers: Jackson Hole locals awarded Spur’s 307 Fries the silver medal for “Best French Fries in Jackson Hole” in the Best of Jackson Hole Awards this year. So, we’ve got that going for us—which is nice. The fries are Executive Chef Kevin Humphrey’s take on poutine, the Canadian apres staple, and they’re a must-try! Other can’t-miss bar bites and starters include the Deviled Eggs, Devils on Horseback, and Pommes Frites. Share a few apps with your crew, and soak in the basketball.
3. Lunch: During the early rounds, games are going on throughout the day. The late morning tip-offs coincide with midday snack-time. And, the lunch menu at Spur is incredible. The appetizers are always an option, and the Twisted Rueben and Spur Buffalo Pastrami are fan favorites only offered during lunch.
4. Drinks: The bartenders at Spur mix, muddle, and shake a number of specialty cocktails, none more famous than the Spicy Marg! The Spicy Margarita at Spur was crowned best margarita in Jackson Hole by the editors at JHWeekly, and marg aficionados love this drink. While it’s probably the most famous cocktail at Spur, the Spicy Marg isn’t alone on our drink menu. The Meet Your Maker and Bacon Bloody Mary are definitely worth trying, and there are a handful of handpicked craft beers that are perfect for basketball viewing, too.
5. Atmosphere: Spur boasts a relaxed and inviting setting that sports fans rave about. From breakfast to dinner—and especially during apres—Spur is the go-to spot in Teton Village. So, swing by for lunch to watch your favorite team play or after skiing for an apres drink.